CT Reopening Details – Phase 2June 9, 2020
Governor Lamont recently announced details for Phase 2 of the plan to reopen our state’s economy. The reopening date for the following businesses has been moved up to June 17th to allow them to be open for Father’s Day weekend.
- Restaurants may add indoor dining, up to 50% of their indoor seating capacity
- Indoor museums, zoos, and aquariums
- Indoor recreation (e.g. bowling, movie theaters, etc.)
- Outdoor events
- Amusement parks
- Personal services (e.g. nail salons, tattoo parlors, etc.)
- Sports and fitness facilities (e.g. gyms, fitness centers, pools, etc.)
There are specific rules for the sectors listed above. Guidance information can be found on the state website by clicking here.
The full list of currently open business sectors and estimated dates for upcoming re-openings can be found here.
- “Drive-in” religious ceremonies now have no attendance limits, as long as participants remain in their cars.
- The limit on the number of children allowed in child care facilities has been raised to 50.
- Current limit on indoor gatherings: 10
- Current limit on outdoor gatherings: 25, with prohibition on contact sports or use of any shared sports equipment (balls, gloves, frisbees, clubs, etc.)
- Indoor religious gatherings: 100, or 25% of space capacity, whichever is smaller
- Outdoor religious gatherings: 150